Boston’s rich history, world-famous educational institutions, proud residents (and equally proud sports fans), and memorable things to do, make Boston a city best experienced in person.
What are some popular attractions to visit?
- Boston Duck Tour – This one of a kind tour combines high-energy fun with a unique perspective on the history of Boston.
- New England Aquarium Whale Watch – Enjoy front row seats to view some of the ocean’s most fascinating and magnificent animals.
- Hop On Hop Off Boston Trolley Tour – A great way to see many of the top attractions, popular shopping destinations, museums, and more.
- Fenway Park Tour– Don’t miss this classic Boston experience at “America’s Most Beloved Ballpark”.
- New England Aquarium – Your Aquarium adventure includes playful seals, eye-catching jellies, and unforgettable hands-on experiences at the Shark and Ray Touch Tank exhibit.
These are just a few. Want more fun ideas for things to do in Boston? Head over here for more Boston attractions to see during your trip.
How long are you visiting?
Depending on how long you are planning to visit, these sample itineraries are designed to showcase a number of the most popular things to do in the city.
From popular attractions to iconic landmarks, these suggestions will help you have fun-filled days of sightseeing.
Who are you visiting with?
We’ve put together a list of top attractions and activities geared towards young kids to help you plan your family vacation.
What type of activities interest you?
- Things to do near Fenway Park & Back Bay
- Things to do near Faneuil Hall, the Waterfront & North End
When are you visiting?
Check out our lists of things to do in the city throughout the year to make the most of your itinerary and experience unique, calendar-based events.
What’s the best way to get around?
Neighborhoods are clustered close together and easily explored on foot, taxis and shared ride services are always available, and even though it’s the oldest in the nation, the public transportation system, the “T,” is very reliable and can get you just about anywhere.
小费： 快速地铁参考或免费获得 moovit 适用于地铁和公交线路的点对点旅行计划和实时更新。
Looking for more info? Check out our post on getting around Boston for tourists.
Where should you stay?
There are plenty of great places to stay in the area. Below are a handful of hotel suggestions located near popular tourist attractions and fun things to do.
Where should you shop?
In between sightseeing, try and find time to pick up some souvenirs. Here are a few popular areas to get some shopping in.
- Cambridgeside Galleria
Make sure to check out all of the extra discounts and savings available on the Go Boston Card.
Go on a tour of Boston’s foodie scene with this comprehensive list of some of the best places to eat in Boston. We’ve included top picks for seafood, drinks with a view, Italian food, coffee shops, and brunch.
We’ve even included a few nearby attractions so you can sightsee while you taste your way through Boston’s culinary destinations. No judgment.
Fun Info from a Local
- 在Hahvad Yahd中说道，实际上是挑战，避免通过利用“T”来寻找停车位
- The best way to prepare for the weather is to prepare for all weather
Share your adventure with us!
Tag us when you upload photos from your trip to Instagram: @SmartDestinations or #GoCityCard.