The USS Midway Museum includes more than 60 exhibits and 29 beautifully restored jets, helicopters, and other aircrafts.
Ranked #1 among all San Diego attractions on TripAdvisor, the USS Midway Museum offers you and the family a chance to thoroughly explore the retired aircraft carrier that served 47 years for the U.S. Navy.
寻找USS Midway Museum折扣票？
We’ve got you covered – USS Midway Museum admission is available with the below money saving options, so you can choose the attraction pass that’s right for you.
1 。 全包通行证 - 你所能做的一切。包括进入数十个景点。
2 。 建立自己的通行证 - 在参观之前选择您想要参观的景点。
See all available passes, attractions & prices – Learn more.
- Arrive early and head directly to the tour of the bridge and flight control. The lines can form quickly and the wait can get somewhat lengthy.
- Talk to the docents! They are well educated and experienced about life in the military, especially aboard a naval ship. The volunteers include veterans of World War II who want to share their first-hand knowledge of many critical events in history.
- Be prepared to do some walking and stair climbing. The ship is over 1,000 feet long and 258 feet in width. To reach the bridge, you must climb up at least four steep staircases. That means wear comfortable athletic shoes and avoid clothing that’s too loose.
- Paid parking is available at the museum and nearby. To save money on parking, you can park outside of downtown and take the trolley to the harbor.
- Have your camera or phone fully charged. The museum has many stunning and fun photo opportunities as well as exquisite views of downtown, the San Diego bay and Coronado Island.
- Pack some snacks and enjoy the seating on the flight deck while watching the sailboats on the bay. Many times visitors can see dolphins and seals in the bay as they relax to take in the view.
Best Times to Visit
The busiest months for the Midway Museum are July and August. This coincides with the busiest tourist season for San Diego in general.
The museum can have up to 5,000 to 6,000 visitors on weekends during the summer, with Fridays being just slightly less busy.
春季和秋季天气极佳，人群较少。博物馆开幕10 ： 00我和它最好在开放之前到达，并有时间充分探索这艘船。
What You Should Bring
- 防晒 。船的许多区域都在室外和阳光下。随着太阳从海湾反射，即使在阴天，晒伤也是一种明显的可能性，没有保护。
- 水 。你会做很多散步和解渴。
- 舒适的鞋子。 展品分布在许多不同的楼层，可通过陡峭狭窄的楼梯进入。
You can see literally everything here, like the engine room, the brig, enlisted sleeping berths, officer quarters, the flight deck, flight control, the bridge, pilot ready rooms, galleys, navigation, and machine shops.
Docents hand out complimentary headsets with recordings that take you through the exhibits on a self-guided audio tour, which encompass historical events as well as real accounts of what life was like on board.
The Hangar Deck is the first area visitors encounter, and the enormous deck has flight simulators, an ejection seat theater, gift shop, café, and a collection of 29 meticulously-kept aircrafts on display.
Explore machines that were integral parts of World War II and Desert Storm.
- 第二次世界大战的飞机就像SDB Dauntless潜水轰炸机和TBM复仇者。
- 在朝鲜战争中服役的飞机包括F 9 FP Cougar。
- 越南时代的飞机，如Huey武装直升机和F- 4幻影。
- 来自沙漠风暴等现代冲突的飞机，包括F / A- 18大黄蜂。
第二个是Flight Avionics，a 12 - 模拟器，让你进入“尖叫鹰”训练练习。学习成为下一个伟大的F / 18飞行员！
This open-air level allows for an extremely hands-on experience.
Explore the runway where the aircrafts take off from, enjoy beautiful views of San Diego, and even hop in the cockpit for yourself. The docents will be around to give an informational background on all the machinery and even help kids get up close and personal with the equipment.
Only 1,600 people a day are admitted to tour the ship’s main control center called the Captain’s Bridge.
Tickets are given out on a first-come, first-serve basis, so if this is something you’re interested, definitely get to the museum as early as possible.
this 90-seat theater aboard the Midway features an inspirational 15-minute multimedia movie, Voices of the Midway, about the Battle of Midway featuring former members of the military who survived the Battle of the Midway.
The movie is narrated by a hologram figure of a young sailor telling the story of his experience about the historic battle.
The Museum of Contemporary Art is the area’s best exploration of the art and expression of our time. The museum houses over 4,000 works from 1950 to present.
The MoCA is best-known for shining a light on lesser-known artists that are new to the art scene, emerging, or mid-career artists. Check out collections that study the art of minimalism, pop art, and conceptual art.
Getting in: Museum of Contemporary Art tickets are included with Go San Diego Card.
San Diego Harbor Cruises & Whale Watches
Right from the same pier you can take a cruise or Whale Watch and explore San Diego from the bay.
Take a one-hour narrated Harbor Cruise that covers 13 different sights and landmarks. Pass the Maritime Museum, Harbor Island, Shelter Islands, droves of sea lions, the North Island Naval Air Station, and more.
You can also opt for a Harbor Whale Watch Cruise, which, as the title suggests, promises whale sightings galore. Speed out to sea on the a giant cruise ship and keep your eyes peeled for breaching whales, seals, dolphins and more.
New Children’s Museum
Not too far away you’ll find the perfect place to take your adventurous kids.
The mission of the New Children’s Museum is to stimulate imagination, creativity, and critical thinking in children and families through interactive and hands-on activities and exhibits. They can play around on climbing structures, create their own art, or be captivated by daily performances.
Getting in: New Children’s Museum tickets are included on Go San Diego Card.
This village is a collection of boutiques and eateries located just south of the Midway and easily accessible by foot. After a museum visit, it’s perfect for a bit of shopping or a quick bite to eat.
- Fantail咖啡厅酒店位于中途岛号航空母舰（USS Midway），提供带休闲友好氛围的庭院用餐区。
Save on Tickets with a Go San Diego Card
Remember, the Go San Diego® Card is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility, which includes USS Midway Museum tickets, plus admission to your choice of other top attractions.